Monday, November 27, 2017

Save the World

I sometimes have a bit of a save-the-world mentality. I come across a problem, and if a possible solution involves my skill set, whether communication or physical effort or even funding, I'm inclined to want to raise my hand and say, "I'll help."

Donna-Lane is the same way. If she could, she would right injustices with the sheer force of her will. And sometimes her effort and presence as necessary. This is a woman who has the gumption to sue the US Government on behalf of 9 million expats. (She's started calling herself "Donna Quixote.")

In researching an article recently, I learned of a need for an awareness / marketing campaign to recruit young people into a good career path. It needs marketing research and some creativity. My thought was: I can do that.

Of course, we cannot take on every cause. There's simply not enough of us to go around (especially the funding part).

So we selectively determine where to best focus the time and energy we do have into things where we think we can make a difference.

We're not saints. We just want to make the world a better place than we found it when we woke up in the morning.

What if more people did so?

No comments:

Post a Comment